Sync disabled
Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

My email app, and I've tried several, will not sync when phone is unused for several minutes. Email app says sync disabled. I know all settings are correct. Started with Nugart update. Help

0 Likes
Re: Sync disabled
bearone21
Legend

security update or os update??

the sync occurs when you open the email app & now there are no sync intervals.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important to us you are able to sync your email app, Davenoso. Let’s go over a few details and get things heading in the right direction.

When was the update applied to your phone? Are you able to access data and other applications on the phone? We also recommend you run a diagnostic on the device http://vz.to/1tuzrWq to check the overall health of the phone and please provide us with a screen shot of your results.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

The link you asked me to click produces errors.

History:

1- Had Galaxy S6 since April 2015.

2- After update to nougat email notifications stopped, only email, al other apps worked.

3- Installed several email apps and still no success.

4- Keep getting sync disabled notice.

5- Samsung could not fix it

6- Went to Samsung kiosk and Verizon store, no success.

7- on June 10, Verizon sent me a Galaxy S7 as a replacement.

8- Email worked until first update later that same day, screen shot attached.

9- Getting very frustrated

Thanks for you input

deloused
Master - Level 3

What is the email provider of your address with the issue?

Does the issue also occur if you test it with a different email provider?

Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the response.

My email provider is cablevision or "optonline.net"

Our email service works on my wife's S6, my son's S6 Edge.

It's just my phones, S6 and then S7, and only after the nougat updates

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davenoso, we want to make sure that you're able to receive all of your e-mails without any issues. Since you've experienced this issue, have you been able to remove the e-mail from your phone, re-add the email back onto the device? Do you get any error messages that come up on the phone that pertain to your e-mail service?

KevinR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have tried several times to remove & re-setup my email account in the default email app.

I don't think I can delete the app since is the default.

I downloaded several email apps from the app store with the same results.

I believe it has something to do with the snooze feature. Tried adding app to by-pass snooze also.

No, I never get an error message, just no notifications. I have to open app to see if they're are any emails.

Since I get work thru email, first come, first served, I lose work.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis [removed]

[removed]

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davenoso, thank you so much for the details of what you've tried to complete on your own. I understand how important it is to have your emails working correctly for work. I was able to dig a little deeper into this issue. Were you able to check to make sure that your email setting is correct on the phone? Each email provider would have their outgoing and incoming settings. You can always find these settings by following this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203626/ and click on "Common Personal E-Mail Server Addresses" and then locate your e-mail provider to make sure the right information is plugged into the device. Please keep us posted. 

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kevin

My phone server settings are the same as my family's other Samsung phones.

I checked with my email provider ( Cablevision's "optonline.net" ) and I know the settings are correct.

BTW, when I click on the link you provided I get an error message on both my phone and computer.

Dennis