Need Nano Sim for new phone Prepaid Plan
drale
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a new phone direct from Moto. It needs a nano SIM. My current phone (bought from Verizon) has a micro SIM.

I have seen answers from other questions that I should be able to go to Verizon store and get a new sim free.

My other question would be, can I go to Walmart and buy a SIM activation kit? My worry is that because it is not just a SIM but also one month worth of funds. The kit is $50. Will these funds be applied to my current number/account or will it only activate as a new number/account?

Because the last time I bought a new phone from Verizon online I was forced to make a new number/account (maybe because I moved) and I had to beg on the phone to transfer my existing funds to the new account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need Nano Sim for new phone Prepaid Plan
drale
Enthusiast - Level 1

First called Verizon just to see what they say. Said to go to a store since I had one nearby. Went into official Verizon store (made an appointment on the website first, maybe helps I don't know)

They gave me a Sim card free and activate it to my existing prepaid account. Felt like I was less than 10 minutes. Popped the SIM in so fast I almost missed it lol.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Need Nano Sim for new phone Prepaid Plan
drale
Enthusiast - Level 1

First called Verizon just to see what they say. Said to go to a store since I had one nearby. Went into official Verizon store (made an appointment on the website first, maybe helps I don't know)

They gave me a Sim card free and activate it to my existing prepaid account. Felt like I was less than 10 minutes. Popped the SIM in so fast I almost missed it lol.

0 Likes