Lumia 950/950XL or HP Elite X3 LTE only
FrizzleFry

Now that Verizon has an LTE only phone, the LG Exalt LTE, will we be able to use the Lumia 950/950XL or HP Elite X3 on Verizon in LTE-only mode?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lumia 950/950XL or HP Elite X3 LTE only
PuckCowboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, it looks like the HP Elite X3 may very well be on it's way to Verizon very soon!

Someone over at the WindowsCentral.com forum posted some info on a new model of the HP Elite X3 that just recently passed through the FCC with CDMA Radio, and LTE 17 removed, and with the VZW SKU and product identifier.

HP has also just recently updated their online spec sheet PDF manual for the X3 which includes reference to a Verizon Only model with CDMA radios.

All the info can be read and is linked to here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/upcoming-rumored-windows-phones/459914-vzw-sku-elite-x3-wifi-certi... 

The poster there also said he inquired with HP and they confirmed that Verizon will be the only ones selling this as HP would not be selling it directly since it's VZW only. Thus only Verizon knows when it might be released.

It would be great if we could get confirmation through a Verizon rep on here when this particular model will (hopefully) see the light of day on Verizon's site for purchase.

Hope this helps give people a glimmer of hope Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does those phones have the specifications and radio frequencies compatible with the Verizon Wireless network particularly for the LTE frequencies?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI the HTC U11 is compatible with the Verizon Wireless network and it is an LTE only device when used on the Verizon Wireless network. HTC did take the time have Verizon Wireless certify the phone was compatible and capable of VoLTE and HD Voice service on the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Correct, the device should definitely work with the network. If you have any issues activating it, try a SIM only activation with our Care team.

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The 950/950XL supports the following LTE Bands

• LTE FDD network: Band 5 (850MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 17 (700MHz), Band 20 (800MHz), Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 12 (700 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 28 (700 MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz)
  • TD-LTE network: Band 38 (2570-2620 MHz), Band 40 (2300-2400 MHz)
0 Likes
FrizzleFry

So are you saying there are people successfully using these phones?

And what LTE band(s) do we need?

0 Likes
FrizzleFry

I'm talking about the Lumia 950/950XL or the HP Elite X3, not the Exalt or the U11.

That's what I'm looking for, assurance that someone else is using a Lumia 950 or an HP Elite X3 successfully on Verizon's network before I go out and spend hundreds of dollars.

0 Likes
FrizzleFry

Never mind. I did some research, looks like one of the LTE bands Verizon uses is 13, which neither the Lumia 950 nor the HP Elite X3 seem to support. So when my Lumia Icon dies that will probably be the end of it, unless the Surface Phone surprises us.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Unless the Surface Phone is LTE only I highly doubt it will make it VZW as CDMA/LTE Phone.

PuckCowboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, it looks like the HP Elite X3 may very well be on it's way to Verizon very soon!

Someone over at the WindowsCentral.com forum posted some info on a new model of the HP Elite X3 that just recently passed through the FCC with CDMA Radio, and LTE 17 removed, and with the VZW SKU and product identifier.

HP has also just recently updated their online spec sheet PDF manual for the X3 which includes reference to a Verizon Only model with CDMA radios.

All the info can be read and is linked to here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/upcoming-rumored-windows-phones/459914-vzw-sku-elite-x3-wifi-certi... 

The poster there also said he inquired with HP and they confirmed that Verizon will be the only ones selling this as HP would not be selling it directly since it's VZW only. Thus only Verizon knows when it might be released.

It would be great if we could get confirmation through a Verizon rep on here when this particular model will (hopefully) see the light of day on Verizon's site for purchase.

Hope this helps give people a glimmer of hope Smiley Happy

0 Likes