I have poor reception at my house, both indoor and out
NATRAU55

I just purchased a home and am having poor reception both indoors and out. I can't make or receive calls at my home. What would I need to do in order to boost my signal or is there another way I can increase the coverage at my house??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have poor reception at my house, both indoor and out
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Where and how does Verizon wireless Service work?

Wireless devices use radio transmissions, so unfortunately you can't get Service if your device isn't in range of a transmission signal. And please be aware that even within your Coverage Area, many things can affect the availability and quality of your Service, including network capacity, your device, terrain, buildings, foliage and weather.

From Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Your house is a building. The area around your house contains terrain and foliage. Verizon does not guarantee service inside of your home. There are land lines for that. You could get a land line and forward your calls to that when you get home.

We go through this issue daily on this community. Please read other posts about this issue and see the suggestions.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a phone capable of wifi calling?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NATRAU55

I do not. It's frustrating paying for a service however that I can't utilize. I may need to find another provider if I can't get this resolved.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon sells a network extender which could increase the signal inside your home, but it would need a broadband internet connection within your home.

Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender - Verizon Wireless

Other than that, if you need better service in your home, another provider may be the best option. Just keep in mind that other providers may not have adequate coverage in other locations you require it. No provider has the best service in ALL locations.

Good luck.

0 Likes
NATRAU55

So the answer to my poor reception issue is for me to purchase more hardware from Verizon instead of Verizon helping to address the issue??

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Where and how does Verizon wireless Service work?

Wireless devices use radio transmissions, so unfortunately you can't get Service if your device isn't in range of a transmission signal. And please be aware that even within your Coverage Area, many things can affect the availability and quality of your Service, including network capacity, your device, terrain, buildings, foliage and weather.

From Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Your house is a building. The area around your house contains terrain and foliage. Verizon does not guarantee service inside of your home. There are land lines for that. You could get a land line and forward your calls to that when you get home.

We go through this issue daily on this community. Please read other posts about this issue and see the suggestions.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you want to stay with Verizon and have cellular service at your house, yes.

Many people have the misconception that cellular service is an "everywhere" service and if they don't get service in a specific location, the carrier is at fault and must "address" the issue. This is not the case. Cellular service depends on radio waves and as such can be blocked by MANY factors. It is the responsibility of the consumer to choose the best provider for their needs and then live with the limitations that provider has in regards to service area. NO provider has the best service in ALL areas. NO service provider guarantees service in any specific area let alone ALL areas and are not obligated to "address" deficiencies in their coverage areas because you do not have service in your home. If this were the case, cellular WOULD be an "everywhere" service, which it is not.

Verizon's responsibility in this matter is to provide you with options, which would be the purchase of a network extender if you have a broadband internet connection in your home and choose to do so.

Other than that, you can choose to go with a different provider. There MAY be one which has better service in your home, but then you have to consider if you will be giving up service in other areas where you need/require service and are currently receiving but may not be able to with another provider.  Regardless of which provider you choose, you WILL have areas you will not be able to receive service. Cellular technology just cannot provide that level of service.

Good luck.

0 Likes