Marketing Texts Complaint
abims

I received a marketing text, with a general "buy a new phone!" spam message. I already use your service, and I purchased my phone from your company. Encouraging me to spend more money through a random, middle of the day text is already infuriating, but I'm sure that to be able to spam this shameless marketing at as many people as possible, this must be an opt-out situation. Okay, so I replied to opt out. Fine enough.

However, as soon as I did that, I received yet another text that tells me if I really want to opt out of being advertised at, I need to reply again. This behavior is deplorable.

You already install applications on phones that are unnecessary and give nothing of personal value, and yet I cannot install them, so there they sit, advertising a company at me that I already use and pay for. Adding marketing texts and push notifications for me to spend more money at your company makes things even worse.

This type of behavior is driving me away from your business, and I cannot imagine it does not do the same thing for many others.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Marketing Texts Complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abims, the last thing we want is for you to be infuriated by any text you receive, especially spam messages. Thanks for reaching out to us here. How long have you been receiving such messages?

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Marketing Texts Complaint
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So I guess you don't watch tv which advertises, or read the paper which advertises, or use the internet which advertises. Interesting.

0 Likes