Poor phone reception
scotthall12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've lived in the same home for 13 years and have had Verizon service for at least the last 8 or 9 years.  I've always had great phone reception here.  In the past 3 weeks several people on Verizon (including my wife's phone, my phone, and several neighbors) are dropping calls ALL THE TIME here.  It's really frustrating because I work from home and it's extremely unprofessional to struggle staying connected to clients -- especially because I chose Verizon several years ago because of its amazing coverage areas (in exchange for higher prices). 

Please let me know what can be done to improve the phone service here.  I can't keep dropping calls.  I've heard about purchasing a booster, but that seems excessive when I've had great coverage here with Verizon all these years (in the exact same area).

Thanks for your help!

Scott

Labels (1)
Re: Poor phone reception
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have HD Voice feature enabled on your lines and the phones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
scotthall12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it's enabled. It's been enabled for a long time. This poor reception in our area is affecting multiple people for just the past 3 weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scotthall12-

We certainly value your loyalty over the years and want you to have the best possible signal. Does this happen indoors/outdoors? Has there been any changes around the area such as a new construction work or anything that has changed around?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scotthall12
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens indoors and outdoors -- all around the neighborhood now.  No changes like new construction.  This is taking too long.  Is there a better route to go in order to get this fixed?  Would calling directly help expedite a solution?  We're in the middle of the city and have never had cell service issues with Verizon. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For immediate assistance, calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 is usually advised.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Also you never know what neighbors have done to their homes, upgrades, foliage in the area. Perhaps you need to get a landline which is far more reliable. Cellular is a radio signal and can degrade.

0 Likes