Phone appears dead
ROBSCH87

My phone has randomly frozen twice recently.  The screen turns black and the phone acts as if it has been powered off, but using the power on/off button doesn't work.  It's as if the phone is dead.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone appears dead
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My phone is my lifeline, I am sure you feel the same. Let's get yours up and running as soon as possible. When did this first start? Were there any recent changes to the phone, like a software update or new apps?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBSCH87

I don't know of anything new.  The first time it happened I plugged it into the charger and that got it working.  The phone was at 80%, so it wasn't like the battery ran down.  But somehow plugging in the charger shocked it back to life.  The second time it happened I tried plugging it in to the charger but nothing happened this time.  I searched online and found out how to do a reset and started that process, then cancelled because I didn't want to lose anything.  But then my phone powered back on.

I think both times this happened, I had just gotten home and out of the car.  While driving, my phone is connected to my car's Bluetooth and I have my phone set to Driving Mode.   Could that be the problem?  I don't know why it would be, but that's the only connection I can see between the two occurrences.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robsch87 Your efforts are very much appreciated. The details you have provided are great and helpful. Does this happen only when you get home after driving? What device do you have? Are you experiencing other issues?

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes