Jet Pack
ROMWEB9

Is having a Jet pack better than a standard connection? I am considering to go to only Jet pack and cancelling my home internet,  I don't want to regret it later, thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Jet Pack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, ROMWEB9. We want to make sure all of your questions are answered.  Regarding speed, at small distances, with an 802.11a or better network card, WiFi comes out ahead. Beyond the reach of wireless, however, 4G LTE offers the best connection and the most coverage, but its scope is still fairly limited.

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes
BIGROCKIL

I currently use my hotspot on my phone to connect to my cloud at work (when working remote). I've checked the download and upload speeds and they are very good. However, I'm constantly getting kicked out of the cloud and have to sign back in. I noticed the speed is slow at times as I'm writing emails that take 5 seconds or more to actually see the letters in the words pop up on the screen.

I spoke with my IT department and they said that the hotspot connection on my phone can "bounce around" quite a bit and that will drop my connection. I spoke to a person at the Verizon store and they said that a stand-alone jetpack would solve the problem as it's a much more secure connection. Is that true?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BIGROCKIL,

I know how important it is to have a steady connection. What device are you connecting to your mobile hotspot when you are working? What application are you typing in when you notice this behavior?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes