Getting Screen Overlay Detected error and can't access storage
mikemcgowan

Hi all,

Getting "Screen Overlay Detected" message whenever I access any storage, which is most all the time.

Searched many websites but I just keep going in circles. Stopping the "Overlay" function with all apps doesn't seem to work.

Help.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting Screen Overlay Detected error and can't access storage
mikemcgowan

OOPS, I have a LG10 phone.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not being able to use all your apps would be a little frustrating, mikemcgowan. We want to ensure you can fully utilize your device. When you mentioned that you stopped the overlay function, was this in the Settings menu that came up when you clicked on the message? Did you notice this started with anything new on your phone? For example, new apps, new software, new features, etc.?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving a screen overlay message can be annoying and we can help, mikemcgowan.  The information posted by the community is accurate and all it takes is one app to cause this message to pop up.  Here are additional links that I found: http://vz.to/2qRytG2 and http://vz.to/2rwvOT0.  Although the second link is listed for Samsung, the same principal applies. 

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes