prepaid phone needs to be reactivated
acallton

My son's phone has been off for over three months.  We bought a new prepaid card and learned that his phone number is no longer activated.  He would like to keep the phone number that he had.  We also have not been able to reactivate the phone.  I tried *228 and I get "a SIM card has activated your service and updated your phone's roaming capabilities," then it goes back to the number pad.  HELP!!  I have a prepaid card and no way to use it!  There is nothing wrong with the phone; I just can't get the card loaded and an active phone number.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: prepaid phone needs to be reactivated
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because he didn't keep money in the account, the number was released and likely reassigned to someone else already. He can't get the number back. So he needs a new number now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

acallton, we want you to get the help you need. You will need to reach out to the Prepaid Department at 888-294-6804.

LauraL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

acallton, we want to make sure you can help your son get his phone activated. We are here to provide support.  I am sorry but If the phone was disconnected for three months then his number is not going to be available. However, all is not lost because you should still be able to get the phone activated.  This is the post pay department and we do not have access to Prepaid accounts.  You can contact our prepay team at 888-294-6804 to have a new account with a new number activated.

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes