Message+ Suggested words color is black
Rceyba

I had to switch from Message to Message+ app on my Galaxy S7 because the Message app is not working correctly. When using Message+, after I have typed my message, I can touch a word and it brings up suggested alternates for that word. However, i Message+, the suggested words are in black against a black background, so i cannot even see the words. Please tell me how to change this color scheme.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ Suggested words color is black
kvslab
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I have same problem on our S7. There isn't any way to change color scheme. I put in a bug report to Verizon. They sent me a version of message plus to capture data for analyzing. I have not heard back from them, it's been a few weeks.

0 Likes
arjb

Similar problem started on my S6, but only after the Nougat update. The problem is most obvious when using speech to text, because when you tap an underlined word the popup menu of suggested words is now a black font on a very dark background, i.e. illegible. When I use speech to text on other apps (like WhatsApp), the suggested words popup list still appears on a white background, like it did previously in Message+.  I can sometimes reproduce the problem when typing as well, although usually the suggested words are already displayed on a line below my message (without me tapping on anything), and those words are black on white. So for me, the problem is much more obvious when using speech to text, which is my normal usage model anyway.

0 Likes
arjb

This problem has still not been fixed in the latest version 6.4.201, which I installed 5/25/2017.

0 Likes
jbreazeale

I believe the issue is a dark blue on black issue.  In any case, I find this to be very annoying.  I am replying here so I (hopefully) will hear someday about a workaround or will receive notice of a fix.  I have a Galaxy S7.

0 Likes