Data stored in cloud prior to moving to Unlimited Plan lost forever
yotarolla73
Contributor - Level 1

Before I begin, this may not apply to everyone, but it does apply to me.

From December 13th to January 11th, 2017 I took an extended vacation driving around and visiting many of the major National Parks in the western part of the US. I took 1200+ pictures and several dozen videos. As of the end of January, my Cloud storage (which used to be free for up to 25gb) was around 10-12gb of data stored. I know this, because I could see how much data was stored, just not the data itself and I always made sure to download my pictures/videos ever couple weeks so that I would not reach my storage limit.

Then, on or about January 27th, myself and "a small number of other Verizon customers" lost all access to cloud data when the DC server went down. Almost immediately, the other 3 or 4 servers Verizon had storage on were brought back and were accessible (according to them). But not for us DC-server folks.

I first inquired about getting my data on February 2nd and was told it would be back up and running the 4th. Checked the 4th and it was not back up, so I inquired again and was told it would be the 6th. Checked the 6th and was told it would be accessible the 13th. On the 13th I checked again and my cloud data was still not accessible. Then, Verizon started advertising their unlimited plan. I wanted to wait to change plans until I figured out what was going on with my data. On the 13th, I was told it would be back up the 24th. On the 24th, I went to Verizon and switched my family to the unlimited data plan, but was NOT told that my data storage would be reduced to 5gb. On the 25th, I attempted to retrieve my data again and was told it would be the 27th. On the 27th, I was then told that Verizon no longer had an ETA on when I would be able to access my storage but I was told that data was NOT lost and that I would be able to retrieve it. During the month of February, I had several Tech tickets made and had my issue escalated to Verizon Executive Relations. I also contacted the BBB and the FCC regarding my issues.

In the next two months following those tickets being made and contacts to the FCC, I had dealt with all forms of VZW customer service assuring my that my data would eventually be recoverable and that it was not lost.

Fast forward to today, I finally got an online rep to admit that my cloud data, prior to February 24th (when I switched to the unlimited plan) is essentially lost forever. The rep mentioned that he could see how much cloud storage I had used, so I asked him and he said 4.9 gb out of the 5gb I was allotted.....at this time, I prodded the rep a little more and asked what about the 10+gb of data I had prior to February 24th and he said he could not see it and that I likely no longer had it.

So, there you have it folks. 3+ months of waiting for my data from December/January/February and it was ALL lost the moment I switched to the unlimited plan.

Well, I am officially removing my family from the unlimited plan and Verizon Wireless after being customers since 1999. I am also cancelling my Verizon landline.

If any of you who have been waiting to access your cloud data from prior to January 27th (or even now) and had more than 5gb or switched to the unlimited plan with more than 5gb of data, you can consider that data gone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data stored in cloud prior to moving to Unlimited Plan lost forever
yotarolla73
Contributor - Level 1

Posted 5 days ago and no response from Verizon.

Pitiful, absolutely pitiful

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yotarolla73, my phone is my primary source of taking pictures and videos. I know how important the pictures and to make sure that they are backed up in a safe place. I want to make sure that we to the bottom of this and review the details of your account. I've sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond back to that message for me. Looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
yotarolla73
Contributor - Level 1

Still no updates on this.

Was upgraded to 25GB of cloud storage for a year and am still unable to access my data.

0 Likes
yotarolla73
Contributor - Level 1

Another month later, still no update/fix/resolution.

How pitiful, Verizon.

0 Likes