Not all memos transferred to s8
orchid7

Just got home with my new samsung s8 phone and realized not all the memos transferred from my s5....the old phone was wiped clean and sold to Verizon. Am I out of luck or are the rest floating somewhere?

0 Likes
Re: Not all memos transferred to s8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

orchid7-

Congratulations on your new phone! However, I'm disappointed to read that not all of your memos transferred over to your new phone. I'm not giving up hope. How did you complete the transfer from your previous phone to your new phone? Were your memos backed up to the Verizon Cloud?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
orchid7

Thanks for your response. The transfer was completed by my representative

at a corporate Verizon store. I went from an AT&T Samsung s5 to Verizon s8.

Notes transferred from 2014, 2015 and 2016, but I lost all of the 2017

notes. I had not changed how I saved anything from the Samsung notes so

not sure why they didn't transfer. Unfortunately, I did not open notes to

make sure everything was there until later and my previous phone had been

wiped clean.

On Apr 29, 2017 1:24 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

orchid7-

It is imperative to me that we figure this out! I appreciate the additional details. I want to keep at this. Now, I understand you likely did not back up to the Verizon Cloud given you were using another carrier with your previous device. However, did you utilize any other backup method by chance? Such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
orchid7

Thanks, I appreciate your help

I did not save to another backup service and only hit the save button

whenever I was given that option. Such as with contacts, calendar and I

believe with memos.

I did return to the store the same day and talked to the rep, he said the

old phone was not there anymore and had been erased. Although i returned

less than 4 hours after having it set up.

I tried to download notes again, but without any luck.

Judy

On Apr 30, 2017 1:35 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

orchid7-

Oh rats, that was not the news that I was hoping for. I appreciate all of your details. I wish I had better news, but if the content was not backed up to any other source, we are not able to recover your previous memos. Going forward, I do recommend backing up your memos to the Verizon Cloud. It also doesn't hurt to back up your device through another source as well (I always say better safe than sorry). I sincerely apologize. Is there anything else that we can assist you with today?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
orchid7

Thanks Amber for your support.It is baffling how 3 years could transfer and 1 year not. But I  have learned a valuable lesson to back up information and often.Judy

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
orchid7

Hi Amber,I am trying  to backup my samsung NOTES, formerly known as MEMOS, I don't know how to do that.  I don't see anything that says "backup", I think this is part of my confusion. When I go to Verizon cloud and hit documents, notes are not saved there.Thanks for any assistance.Judy

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your files are backed up correctly. Are you not seeing the content while in your Cloud app? Have you confirmed it by logging into your MyVerizon?

0 Likes
muyang
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, if your old S5 is in you hand, you can use mobile transfer program to help you transfer memos from it to the new S8.

0 Likes