Constant Dropped Calls
joshh2011

My company has started a new project in Los Lunas, NM 87031.  We are located about 1.5 miles from the nearest tower, with a clear line of site.  Everyone's phone is showing 3 bars for signal strength fairly consistently; however, we are dropping calls left and right.  When we do connect, the call quality is great, but then it starts to breakup and drop entirely (can be within 1 minute, or 10 minutes).  The frustration levels are starting to get high, and we are having to constantly apologize to anyone we have been talking to.  Why are we having such issues when we are so close to a tower that we can clearly see from our office trailer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Constant Dropped Calls
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

4G or 3G cellular? The dBm level?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

VoLTE or not?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
joshh2011

4G LTE.  dBm ranges from -96 to -112.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joshh2011, I know that I too would be just as concerned with a service experience like this. Let's do all we can to help the calls flow through properly at your location. Ann154 asked some great questions. Do you presently have HD Voice/Advanced Calling active? What phone model do you use?

How far do you usually have to travel for calls to remain connected consistently?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joshh2011

I believe everyone on site has at least an iPhone 5; I have the 5s.  So we do not have the ability to use the HD Voice.

If we travel about .5 miles to the east of the site our call consistency improves dramatically.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that clarification, joshh2011. You’re right, the iPhone 5 and 5s won’t have HD Voice capability since it’s only available on the iPhone 6 and newer. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/hd-voice-for-ios-faqs/   While you’re at the new project site, I’d like to ask you to dial #48 and let me know if you hear a recording that you are or are not under Network Extender coverage. I’d also like to ask you to use the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-84756/ to reset your network settings to see if you notice any improvement with your call quality in the area. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to your reply.     

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joshh2011

Dialed #48; we are not under Network Extender coverage.

Reset the network settings, and no improvement in call quality.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for completing those steps for us, Joshh2011. I know how important it is to have a working phone. Let's look into this more. Please remove your sim card and put it back into the device. Once completed make a test call for me.

JasperM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joshh2011

That was one of the first things that I did a couple weeks back when I followed the troubleshooting guide.  There was no improvement.

0 Likes