My kindle app keep crashing since phone software updated
atfiore

I have a Samsung S7. A few weeks ago, my phone did a software update and every since my kindle app keeps crashing.

It displays a text box across my screen that says 'Amazon kindle keeps stopping' sometimes it offers me to 'restart' the app or just tells me 'close app' and always lets me leave feedback (which I've done about a dozen times).

The app opens, but when I select a book in my library, it displays the kindle app keeps stopping message and closes. If I repeat this same process about 7 times, I can finally get the book to open and read it, the app doesn't crash at all but it's initially getting into the book or document or even to the kindle store to buy books that it crashes.

I have already:

Cleared my cache (on the app and on my entire phone)

I cannot uninstall the app because its on there from the factory but I have disabled it and re-enabled it

I have deregistered my device and then registered again.

I have even done a factory reset on my entire phone.

I have downloaded the audible app (as I've seen other posts saying this has worked for them)

My developer options are not on.

Please help me. I am at a loss for what else I can do to fix this.

0 Likes
Re: My kindle app keep crashing since phone software updated
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Atfiore, I understand your concern regarding the Kindle Application. I use this application frequently on my phone. Are you able to log into the application without any troubles on another device? Are you having trouble with any other application outside of Kindle on your phone?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes