Issues with lack of screen calibration
BTRFLY1979
Enthusiast - Level 2

Am I the only one having issues with the lack of ability to calibrate my screen with the Galaxy s7 Edge.  I used the Galaxy s6 edge and the note 7 with no issues but now on my s7Edge I cannot get the screen to read my touch correctly. It constantly hits the buttons above/below/beside where I am tapping.

0 Likes
Re: Issues with lack of screen calibration
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the Accessibility settings for that option?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BTRFLY1979
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no longer the option to calibrate the screen on the S7. This is what Verizon says on their website.

This device uses capacitive multi-touch technology. Screen calibration is not supported at this time.

Steve_garcia44
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue, thought I was the only one. Very frustrating. I can't scroll through contacts list, texts, emails,web pages without choosing a line or item i dont want to even look at. This happened a day after the updated.  I can't even use the edge panels.

Got a $700.00 paper weight!

Need a fix!

Donnie-phone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. My wife and I both have s7 phones. After the last update, typing is nasty. Every other letter is wrong. We both commented to each other that this is happening. Yes, we did cache clear. Any solutions?

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you said you cleared the cache do you mean from the recovery mode or in settings-storage-internal storage ??

0 Likes
Donnie-phone
Enthusiast - Level 2

i cleared cache in recovery by holding up volume, power and home button.

Donnie-phone
Enthusiast - Level 2

new update, calibration is definitely off. I try to swipe down at the top to see pull down of settings etc. The phone icon gets dragged from bottom of screen. The touchscreen is wrapped.

0 Likes
Donnie-phone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does Verizon or Samsun ever answer any of these?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Verizon Wireless Customer Support reps. A VZW rep might reply, but there are no guarantees. Samsung has not official rep here. If you want to contact Samsung directly, their contact information is available on their website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes