Wifi JetPack is under limitations for unlimited data?
ANDRAINEASILVERLITE

I understand the limitations of "unlimited" data. It is to my understanding that when you use a "mobile" hotspot and/or "tethering" you can use 10 Gigs of their fastest speeds, then get throttled down to 3g for 22 gigs, etc.

Here is my problem. My internet was fine for over a month. Then I start to get texts about "limits" to something I bought, researched, and paid for well over a month ago. Before you start linking to FAQs, please finish the story here.

I do understand that "throttling" can happen with a congested network. I understand. However, what I do not understand is how TWO  different customer service reps for Verizon can give me two very different responses. I spoke with one over chat. Then called the next day.

One told me my "jetpack" wifi wireless router is considered a mobile device and is under the statute of limitations of the "unlimited" plan. Now, mind you it is to my understanding that the limitations come into play when you turn on the mobile hotspot of your cellular device.

Okay, considering that I wasn't sure about all of this I called *611 to talk to someone. The lady was extremely nice. She told me that I had and I quote, "everything unlimited. to disregard the text messages. there is a glitch in the system."

Now then, that is two very different answers. Which is the correct answer? Do I have "limitations" or do I have unlimited data? IF this can't be resolved, I would like to see where it was changed before April and see why my service changed. I would also like to see why I was sold something that was "falsely advertised" and I was not "properly updated" until I got those texts. If my device is not part of the "unlimited" data rule. Then I will go back to my old plan. As I don't like having the wool pulled over my eyes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi JetPack is under limitations for unlimited data?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Jetpack device is a router is a hotspot and therefore falls under the hotspot data restrictions of 10 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data before you are slowed down to 3G speeds for the remainder of the billing cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Jetpack device is a router is a hotspot and therefore falls under the hotspot data restrictions of 10 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data before you are slowed down to 3G speeds for the remainder of the billing cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ANDRAINEASILVERLITE

Okay, then why was it not pointed out to begin with? They do not have clear defined lines. The first month and a half I never received alerts. Now I do? Why was I allowed to have more than the limitations to start with, but now I am restricted? This I do not understand. What changed?

0 Likes
ANDRAINEASILVERLITE

Talked to a Rep and got more questions answered. My jetpack is not really "throttled" when it reaches 22 gigs in the billing cycle. We could see a pause in getting on the internet, but once on.. we should be fine. So.. it isn't in the limitations as a cellular device or tethering. This helped a lot to understand that while there is a limitation per month, it isn't a significant issue.

Thanks for the responses. This issue is "cleared up".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important to us you have a clear understanding of our new unlimited plan, ANDRAINEASVILVERLITE and I’m happy to help you today. We always want to set re right expectation for any of our data options.

I have included additional details on our unlimited plan http://vz.to/2krkHrL for you. Please refer to line #9 for a summary of our mobile hotspot feature. We will be available and ready to help with any other questions or concerns you may have.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes