Texting suggestions on Galaxy S7 black on black background since upgrade
g3l33m
Enthusiast - Level 2

I stupidly did the upgrade the other day on my Galaxy S7 and ever since I can barely use the stock Texting/SMS app because when I type/dictate something I get Text Suggestions in black text on a charcoal background and so small you can't see them. In the added pic you can see what I'm talking about but you can actually read the text in the screen print, it's quite a bit darker on the actual phone. Does anyone test these stupid 'upgrades' before releasing them? I've also noticed that punctuation recognition has gotten steadily worse over the past couple of 'upgrades'. How many times in a day do you think a person says the word PERIOD? There should be a setting that says I NEVER say PERIOD, only .

Re: Texting suggestions on Galaxy S7 black on black background since upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you enjoy your device at all times. Does the black background only happen in the text app or has it been seen it in other menus like "Copy/Paste" in the browser or managing apps in home screen?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all your feedback about your texting experience, g3l33m. I’m confident we can find some solutions to make sure your message application is usable. You should be able to customize the color scheme of the suggested text by changing the color scheme of the chat layout. To do that, tap the setting dots in the top right corner then tapping Customize. You can also change the default keyboard to the Samsung Keyboard from the Gboard through Apps > Settings > Language and Input > Virtual Keyboard > Manage Keyboards > turn on Samsung keyboard. From the Virtual Keyboard screen, you can also select the Google Voice Typing option to manage the voice to text options and enhance your texting experience for better recognition.

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
g3l33m
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have only noticed it so far in the text app, other apps with suggested text is on the usual background and is readable. I made the suggested changes, I think I was already using the Samsung Keyboard, and I did not get a change. And again, if they were as bright as the screenshots it would still be bad but not AS bad but they are quite a bit darker on the actual phone and unreadable. Who would ever pick black text on a charcoal background? Send that person to Apple..

HAPPYJACK1313
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is mainly occurring when I am using 'ok Google' or pressing the

microphone. After the upgrade to 7.0 the listening circle pops up & states

it is listening for my voice, but never 'hears' my voice with or without

Bluetooth connected. Also when a word is typed incorrectly or a phrase,

I've always been able to tap on the word and suggestions would pop up. They

are now black type on a dark gray background. I have only been able to fix

this by rebooting my phone. This is not right. And it is about a 20% chance

that when I tap on the word to be corrected that an editing menu even pops

up so I can edit the incorrect words and/or phrases. What happened to this

wonderful part of Google??

jonsolari1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also having the same issue, it's annoying and pretty pointless as I can't see the recommended spelling!

tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

jonsolari1, I understand how annoying this can be if you are unable to see the recommended spelling. Are you using the Verizon Messages application as well? Have you checked to see if there is an update to the application in the Play Store?

TionnaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ROBPAU65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its obvious your update is messed up in this area, when should we expect your fix? There is no update to message plus available. This started adter your updaye to the device

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBPAU65, we can completely understand your concern with the update. Other than the troubles that you are having with the black on black in the message+ application, does everything else function correctly?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
g3l33m
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not ROBPAU65 but another very important thing that went screwy with the last update is wifi range is cut in half. You guys should test things for a bit before releasing them.