Why Won't The Talk To Text Function Work On My Device?
SHEAND22

Talk to text not working unless data or wifi is on, this was not an issue before Nougat. Is there a setting I'm missing?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Won't The Talk To Text Function Work On My Device?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

if you hold volume up,home button,and power button

at the same time you will get to a screen that one of the options will be to clear cache partition use the volume down key till that is highlighted then hit the power key to confirm then use the down volume key to say yes and hit the power key again then just reboot.

View solution in original post

bearone21
Legend

long push the button next to the space bar.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I too noticed that my txt-talk was not working I just shut the phone off rebooted in recovery mode then cleared the cache partition and then rebooted the phone and I am happy to say that it is working fine now. Also right before I shut the phone down there was an update on the languages I downloaded it but it still did not work till I did the shut down

0 Likes
SHEAND22

Cleared what cache partition? Thanks!

0 Likes
SHEAND22

Instructions (link) to reboot in recovery mode. Thanks!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

if you hold volume up,home button,and power button

at the same time you will get to a screen that one of the options will be to clear cache partition use the volume down key till that is highlighted then hit the power key to confirm then use the down volume key to say yes and hit the power key again then just reboot.

SHEAND22

Thanks I will give that a try.

0 Likes
SHEAND22

No change, talk to text still slow, never had to wait before. If I turn on wireless or data, there is no waiting, response is immediate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHEAND22 we want to make sure you are able to use the Talk to Text feature. What kind of phone do you have? You did restart your device in Safe Mode, correct? How long did you leave it in Safe Mode?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SHEAND22

The phone is a S7. I have not restarted the phone in safe mode, how do I restart in safe mode and once there, how long should I leave it in safe mode?

Thanks

0 Likes