Are tempered glass screen protectors good for this device?
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Has anyone used the tempered glass screen protectors?  Wasn't sure if worth the money or not.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen Protector
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

I have used the glass protectors on my S5 and my S7. I previously used the film type protectors on my S3. Personally, I greatly prefer the glass ones.

You can find a lot of tempered glass screen protectors for the S7 for under $10 but I don't have any experience with those companies. Zagg, which Verizon was selling when I got my S7, is a respectable company and has been around for quite some time now. Verizon was asking $35 for the Zagg protector which has a limited lifetime warranty and I was too lazy to order it separately so I paid for it plus, hey, they put it on for me and I really hate applying screen protectors. Check the Zagg website for stipulations related to the warranty. Nonetheless, the same Zagg tempered glass screen protector Verizon was selling is available on Amazon for $20.

Deciding which type of protector is the better kind is subjective. Some people will prefer one over the other. I have some friends who do not like the glass screen protectors. I think they are crazy and prefer glass for better clarity, better tactile feel, etc. The bigger question is, IMHO, when you have a phone that retailed for $669 how much are you willing to spend to protect it from damage? In the end, that's entirely up to you.

HTH

View solution in original post

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

I have used the glass protectors on my S5 and my S7. I previously used the film type protectors on my S3. Personally, I greatly prefer the glass ones.

You can find a lot of tempered glass screen protectors for the S7 for under $10 but I don't have any experience with those companies. Zagg, which Verizon was selling when I got my S7, is a respectable company and has been around for quite some time now. Verizon was asking $35 for the Zagg protector which has a limited lifetime warranty and I was too lazy to order it separately so I paid for it plus, hey, they put it on for me and I really hate applying screen protectors. Check the Zagg website for stipulations related to the warranty. Nonetheless, the same Zagg tempered glass screen protector Verizon was selling is available on Amazon for $20.

Deciding which type of protector is the better kind is subjective. Some people will prefer one over the other. I have some friends who do not like the glass screen protectors. I think they are crazy and prefer glass for better clarity, better tactile feel, etc. The bigger question is, IMHO, when you have a phone that retailed for $669 how much are you willing to spend to protect it from damage? In the end, that's entirely up to you.

HTH

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

... in short, yes, while the glass screen protectors can cost more my personal opinion is that glass is better and worth paying a little bit more for.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks. It's not about the money, but rather the quality of the product I am paying for. I decided to go with the Zagg protector. Thanks for your help and insight as I heard the infinity screens may be more sensitive to falls.

0 Likes