Bluetooth not pairing after Nougat update
TVDIMMERS

Phone updated to Nougat, now it wont automatically pair with my car. Phone connects, but nit Bluetooth audio.

I can get it to connect manually sometimes, but not always.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth not pairing after Nougat update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TVDIMMERS, we know how important it is to have your phone be able to connect to bluetooth in the car for your safety. We certainly want to work together and help get to the bottom of this for you. Can you tell us the make/model of your phone? Are you having similar trouble with other bluetooth devices?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
stanpark1983
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is a related issue and some specifics related to the issue:

Verizon S7

Updated to Android 7.0 on 4/22/2017

Bluetooth on: 2007 BMW 335i non-idrive

Last bluetooth working condition: pre-Android nougat Update (Marshmallow?)

Error message after Nougat update: java.lang.nullpointerexception attempt to get length of null array

The phone will not connect to my car's bluetooth now after the update.  I believe that java.lang error I wrote above is related to the error, as I had no such error message on the previous android OS.  This issue seems to be widespread on Androids, and mostly resolved on version 7.1.2.  Can you guys comment on this issue or advise a timeline which we would be receiving the fix?  I am on the road quite a bit and the inability to pair my device to bluetooth represents a serious safety concern for me.

Thank you,

-Stan

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried to go into settings-backup and reset - reset network settings There may be some conflicts with the marshmallow settings still in there. You will have to set it up all over again but at least it will clear all the old stuff out

stanpark1983
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kathy, thank you for looking into my issue.  Yes I have tried reset network settings including bluetooth a few days ago and tried it again a short while ago and the problem persists and I am unable to make bluetooth connection to my car.  I have also tried clearing the cache (including bluetooth cache) and reattempted to pair with no success. 

Can we elevate this issue to a higher priority? similar bluetooth connection problems on S7 Android 7.0 on verizon are pervasive, reported throughout multiple Android forums.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stanpark1983 we want to make sure your Bluetooth is working in your car. Let's strive to get this issue resolved. From your car's Settings go into your Bluetooth options and delete your phone from memory. Please also delete your car's Bluetooth name from your phone as well. Next, pair your phone to your car once again. Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
stanpark1983
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesenia, I followed your instructions and the issue has not been resolved yet.

Quick
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are not alone. After the update I have to manually connect everything and I can't connect to my car's U-connect at all. The car may be unrelated but having to manually connect my headset every time I turn it on is annoying.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time that you have so far. May I ask what exactly happens when you attempt to make the initial pairing? Have you tested any other Bluetooth devices with success? Does the java error come up when you are using a specific app or process?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
stanpark1983
Enthusiast - Level 2

At initial pairing, the car recognizes the connection, i get the java error on the phone then disconnects immediately.  Prior to the Android 7 update, I had no issues whatsoever pairing with the car.  I've been able to use iphone 5, 6, 6s, Note II in the past with the same bluetooth system as well.  I have not seen a similar java error in any other phone operation.

0 Likes