how do I get them to take my coverage issue complaint seriously?
MRTOMPKINS

I'm trying to help out my family they own a big farm in Oregon. They've had coverage and low signal issues even pre smart phone days. I recently entered a trouble ticket and it got immediately closed with a canned "you are in a marginal area" response. Then I tried to push them for an escalation and they basically told me towers are working good no problem there is no escalating this ..... So how does one go about engaging a higher up engineer to look into this? All the "near" towers are 10 miles away when they lit up the 700mhz bands it did marginally improve the area but I just feel they need to site an actual tower to fill in the whole general area. Any help would be most appreciated as we are on the verge of moving all our business lines to AT&T which has a tower a mile away and signal is really great. But the inverse problem might crop up with them a lot of areas we operate in Verizon is stronger but it's just our main farm that stinks with Verizon Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do I get them to take my coverage issue complaint seriously?
rcschnoor
Legend

"how do I get them to take my coverage issue complaint seriously?"

It depends on what you mean by seriously. Just because a new tower has not been erected does not mean they did not take your complaint seriously. Are you aware of the time and effort it can take in order to erect a new tower??? There are local and state government requirements which must be overcome before Verizon can even START construction on a new tower. There are ALSO environmental groups which will fight Verizon's progress every step of the way in the process of gaining the required approvals in order to do so.

In my home area, people were trying to get a new towers(from multiple providers) erected for over 10 years, with environmental groups protesting at EVERY local government hearing discussing any proposal about erecting new cellular towers. Does the fact that it took so long mean the providers did not take it seriously? No. It just means it is not an overnight fix. But I am sure you won't have the problem of environmentalists fighting Verizon's progress up in Oregon, will you?

IF you have another provider which can give you better service, you should go with them. Just keep in mind, NO provider has the best service EVERYWHERE. What service improvements you gain in one area you can lose in another area as it appears you are aware. It is a balancing act to go with the provider which will give you the best service in the most areas.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MRTOMPKINS, we understand the importance of staying connected. We would love to go over troubleshooting with you and resolve this concern. What is the make and model of the devices? What is your ZIP Code? What have you already gone through to resolve this?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MRTOMPKINS

I know there's probably a myriad of reasons why they cannot fill in our area. I've done a good two weeks of test driving the [Removed] out of my phone out in the entire area and everyone else I talk to says Verizon is not good in this area. In never has been and all the "nearby" towers are all 10+ miles away. But AT&T has one so close I'm seeing full signal and getting really great data response and speeds. So I'm moving on to plan B and switching to AT&T. Sorry Verizon we've been clamorong for 15 years for you to do something for our area time to move on now!

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes