Why Did I Need A Jet Pack When I Have Unlimited Internet?
lepage0686
Enthusiast - Level 1

The sales rep my wife and I dealt with added insurance and talked us into​ a jet pack.  He also failed to mention that it only had a 10 gig limit, even though we have unlimited internet.  I don't think we've used 10gigs but it is saying we've used 72.  So we are buffering every 5 sec during peak hours.  I don't get the screw the costumer mindset Verizon reps have.  I'm not tech savvy and I think it is pretty obvious to any rep I deal with.  Because I leave thinking I got one heck of a deal then I'm getting my bill for $270 at the end of the month, when I was told it would stay around the same $150 I was paying before.  All I can say is there will be a judgement day!

Re: Why Did I Need A Jet Pack When I Have Unlimited Internet?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see you get the right products and services for your needs. What types are of things are you doing with the Jetpack? Do you feel the insurance will be beneficial going forward? We can review options to remove it if needed.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BONFOX6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also not informed that the speed drops from 4G to 3G after 10GB of usage.  I even asked at the store if the speed would drop after a certain limit and was told no.  Now my desktop computers lag at 3G, and I have to continue using Charter for internet- my goal was to use the jet pack and get rid of Charter.  I'm not real happy right now.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wireless Internet from Verizon Wireless isn't a good choice if you have access to a landline based Internet service which has a much higher data usage caps then wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BONFOX6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to get rid of poor service and rising costs... if Verizon hadn't lied to me that the speed goes down after 10GB of usage, I would have been fine.  I have unlimited data on everything so my only issue is the reduced speed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The FAQs were available from the get-go when they added the new Verizon Unlimited Plan. Whether you reviewed them or not is only known by you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Autotraker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Basically they lied to you. True that after 10GB they throttle you to 3G speeds but their 3G speeds are only 600Kbps which is like dialup. Currently I'm at 300Kps which is really unusable. During busy times of the day your speed may go down as low as 144Kbps.

Every other service's 3G speeds are a lot faster. T-mobiles for example is 2.6 mbps and AT&T's is 1.63.

Basically once you hit that 10GB limit, your JetPack becomes unusable. Basically you are paying $20 per month for 10GB on a JetPack if you have it on a unlimited plan along with your phone.

There solution down at the Verizon store was to give me multiple JetPacks and each time one becomes unusable I just switch to the next one. My solution will be to move to T-Mobile.

PB828
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree! Spoke to the rep and told them exactly what I needed. Explained that I worked remotely and was in between moving and Internet wouldn’t be installed for several weeks. Even explained not only did my job entail a lot of data usage, but I was also in school. Verizon rep responded the jetpack was what I needed and would meet my needs. Not even two full days after purchasing, I’ve already gotten the notice data limit is up. It’s so slow now it’s useless for the type of work I do and school uploads. I’m absolutely disgusted! I have unlimited and unlimited plus on all my devices. I can’t believe that much data has been used. I would have never paid for a device and added an extra device and plan to my contract for two days of useable time! Disgusted! 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes