Droid Turbo 2 Nougat Upgrade Messed with Notifications
hawkstar2

Since updating my system to Nougat two weeks ago my phone has been seemingly stuck on vibrate mode. Even though ALL notification settings are on high volume, I have missed calls, alarms, text notifications, anything that makes a noise it only vibrates. A small fraction of the time I'll actually get the call sound or text notification, but more times than not it doesn't work. I've missed important phone calls and alarms for work in the morning because of this. The phone has not been wet, damaged, or subject to extreme conditions. I know I'm not the only one with Nougat issues, as the forums are going crazy, however I've yet to find a solution for this.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 Nougat Upgrade Messed with Notifications
andreas_vzw
Verizon Employee

I rely on a number of notifications to get me started every morning. We want to ensure that you don't have to worry about missing any of your notifications, hawkstar2. Are any of your notifications set with tones from third party apps? Please go to your Settings>Backup & Reset>Network Settings reset>Reset Settings. This will not erase your content, but will restore certain settings to default.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pcnation

I am having the same issue.  Restarting the phone fixes it for a day or two and it breaks again the next time I have to put my phone on silent, at least that is what I think is causing this issue.  That was one of the first things that I did, was reset all my sounds to default and stop using zedge, and it did not fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how frustrating that can be. We recommend attempting the steps outlined above. Let us know if that helps.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes