Do I Have To Pay More If I Add Another iPad To My Plan?
TJJEEPD

I AM GOING TO BUY AN IPAD FROM BEST BUY AND IT WILL HAVE A 2 YEAR PLAN FROM VERIZON.

I AM ALREADY A VERIZON CUSTOMER AND HAVE A DATA PLAN OF 16 GIG.

IF I BUY THE IPAD, DO I HAVE TO KEEP MY PLAN FOR 2 MORE YEARS---NO PROBLEM, OR DOES MY PLAN COST MORE

MONEY TO USE WITH THE IPAD WITH CELLULAR AS ANOTHER DEVICE?   OR DOES THIS JUST GO ON MY  GIG TOTAL AS IF I WOULD USE IT AS A PERSONAL HOTSPOT THRU MY IPHONE?

DAVE

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i pad from Best Buy
Weth
Legend

You are getting a 2 year contract in return for reduced iPad price.  The iPad is a wifi + cellular model. You will need to add an extra iPad line on your account, $20 per month if on recent plan, or pay termination fee.  The GB will come out of your current plan.

or get a wifi only iPad from Apple (or Best Buy) not through you Verizon account. Use your phone hotspot, and no monthly charge.

Option 2 is far cheaper.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: i pad from Best Buy
Weth
Legend

You are getting a 2 year contract in return for reduced iPad price.  The iPad is a wifi + cellular model. You will need to add an extra iPad line on your account, $20 per month if on recent plan, or pay termination fee.  The GB will come out of your current plan.

or get a wifi only iPad from Apple (or Best Buy) not through you Verizon account. Use your phone hotspot, and no monthly charge.

Option 2 is far cheaper.

0 Likes
Re: Do I Have To Pay More If I Add Another iPad To My Plan?
tpsyllos

@TJJEEPD wrote:

I AM GOING TO BUY AN IPAD FROM BEST BUY AND IT WILL HAVE A 2 YEAR PLAN FROM VERIZON.

I AM ALREADY A VERIZON CUSTOMER AND HAVE A DATA PLAN OF 16 GIG.

IF I BUY THE IPAD, DO I HAVE TO KEEP MY PLAN FOR 2 MORE YEARS---NO PROBLEM, OR DOES MY PLAN COST MORE

MONEY TO USE WITH THE IPAD WITH CELLULAR AS ANOTHER DEVICE?   OR DOES THIS JUST GO ON MY  GIG TOTAL AS IF I WOULD USE IT AS A PERSONAL HOTSPOT THRU MY IPHONE?

DAVE

0 Likes