Note 4 sd card
jessie3279

My note 4 just did an update. It was working fine all day and i went to change the battery and now my sd card is not recognized. Its not recognized on any device at all. I never touched the sd card so i do not understand what happened.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 4 sd card
NYVET
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, it could have been a static shock that was caused by the removal of the battery. It SHOULDN'T happen, but sometimes does, and all it takes is a charge (shock of static electricity) 5V or more, but you would never feel or see it. Best thing to do in the future, especially with this particular device, is to properly 'unmount' the SD card, remove it away from the phone, then remove the battery. You may find recovery programs available online, and make sure you ALWAYS back up anything important to a cloud service (you should get 25gb from Verizon, Google Drive gives you 15gb, and there are many other services that offer free, or really inexpensive cloud storage, like an app called 'Mega' that gives you 50gb free. Also, you can upgrade to 250gb on Verizon for only $4.99/month.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jessie3279 we are sorry to hear about your phone. We want to do everything we can so that your phone can work properly. For clarification, you have removed the SD card and tried it on other devices? Have you tried inserting another SD card into your Note 4 to see if it can be recognized?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
jessie3279

Yes I have removed the card. I have tried other cards and they work in the phone. I have tried the current card and my computer will not recognize it, it is like it doesn't even exist. I do not understand how removing the battery creates a defect in the SD Card. They are not even touching. I am desperate to get pictures off of this card.

0 Likes
NYVET
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, it could have been a static shock that was caused by the removal of the battery. It SHOULDN'T happen, but sometimes does, and all it takes is a charge (shock of static electricity) 5V or more, but you would never feel or see it. Best thing to do in the future, especially with this particular device, is to properly 'unmount' the SD card, remove it away from the phone, then remove the battery. You may find recovery programs available online, and make sure you ALWAYS back up anything important to a cloud service (you should get 25gb from Verizon, Google Drive gives you 15gb, and there are many other services that offer free, or really inexpensive cloud storage, like an app called 'Mega' that gives you 50gb free. Also, you can upgrade to 250gb on Verizon for only $4.99/month.

0 Likes