Slow 4g lte internet installed
DRWDG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had  a Verizon installed cantenna with internet connection to 2 Ethernet wired desk top computers and a printer for about 9 months.   I have WiFi turned off and have no other devices.  The advertised download in speed is 5 - 10 Mps.  Three weeks ago it began to randomly get very, very slow - as low as 0.2.  Usually early in the day I can get 8 - 9 Mps, but the rest of the day it goes up and down frequently.   I have talked to customer support 3 times and the IT techs twice.  They keep closing the ticket saying that there are no problems with the local cell tower - but the problem continues..................  I have a 10 Gb plan and rarely use more than 7 or 8 Gig.  I have 2 dumb phones and a wireless home phone and from Verizon and none of those have any signal problems.  HELP?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow 4g lte internet installed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DRWDG,

We want you to have great speeds and a properly working device. Let's take a look at your area and get this resolved. What is your ZIP Code?

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SHAMAT97
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have Verizon LTE Installed and had same problem. The problem is their installers suck and do what is easiest and quicker for them as long as they get a signal they will put it whereve. Well I decided to move my cantina around to get better signal and went from 1-5mbs speeds wher they Installed it to 25-30mbs speeds where I moved it to. I moved it from back of house where they put it to front of house on 22' antenna pole wow what a difference it made. You can use the router page to view signal strength you want the SNR above 10db.

0 Likes
BFlowers37
Enthusiast - Level 1

After over 2 weeks of having an open ticket, I said to heck with it. I climbed up on my roof and moved the stupid thing. I got it to go from 0.04 Mbs to 3 Mbs. I'm convinced that if you sent me a longer cable I could get more.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tomh000, we don't want to see you go. Let's look further into this. Have these been consistent speeds since the installation?

MahrizaM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tomh000

This is this morning.  For the first two days (was installed Thursday) I didn't notice any speed problems, now the last two days, it is pathetic.  It was consistently good until now it appears consistently bad.

0 Likes
tomh000

I'm a bit concerned over a company which makes finding a way to report a

problem, a huge task. Why are there no submit trouble-ticket areas on

the Verizon website?

I am still having a problem with my brand new connection  Phone number

for the device is [Removed].  My account name is Thomas  [Removed] and

the main account number is  [Removed]

I've had Verizon for a long long time, and this is the first time, I see

a really bad issue.

When first installed it was getting around 5 Mbps download.  The signal

to noise is reporting about 4 - your trouble shooting documentation says

it needs to be a lot higher.

But nothing changed physically here - so I can only guess the blame is

somewhere upstream.  I don't know why it would be fine two days and then

go to heck.

This was this morning's first test.

Please tell me your network has issues, and you can fix, otherwise I

will need the number to call to terminate the trial. I can't see paying

$160+ a month for this.

-Tom-

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tomh000,

It disappoints me to hear about your experience. I wouldn't be happy if I was receiving service issues. We definitely appreciate your loyalty for a very long time. It would be a terrible thing to lose you as a customer. I'll be happy to help. Unfortunately, there is not a way to submit a trouble ticket on our website. Not to worry, we can do it here if we have to, but in most cases we can fix it with some troubleshooting. I am confident that we will figure this out. What is your Price Plan? What is your Zip Code?

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes