Why am I using so much data on my iPhone?
COLMIZ2001

Where on an Iphone can i go to see which apps are using the most data on my child's phone?  All i can see is social media on the usage page.  Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data usage on iphone
tminor5
Enthusiast - Level 2

After my son switched from a HTC to an iphone 7 he was burning through data.  The last things we did that finally got it under control was under itunes and app store, make sure use cellular data is off.  Under music (on the main screen) make sure cellular data is off.  But he also had to do other things.

1) Make sure the only things that have background refresh are ones that are important and you want updated on cellular.  I do have facebook on and stuff like that and dont have a problem with my data.  This can be found under settings, general, background app refresh.

2)  Turn off any apps you dont need to access on cellular data.  You find that under settings, cellular data, all the apps are on the bottom you can turn off and on

View solution in original post

Re: Data usage on iphone
tminor5
Enthusiast - Level 2

After my son switched from a HTC to an iphone 7 he was burning through data.  The last things we did that finally got it under control was under itunes and app store, make sure use cellular data is off.  Under music (on the main screen) make sure cellular data is off.  But he also had to do other things.

1) Make sure the only things that have background refresh are ones that are important and you want updated on cellular.  I do have facebook on and stuff like that and dont have a problem with my data.  This can be found under settings, general, background app refresh.

2)  Turn off any apps you dont need to access on cellular data.  You find that under settings, cellular data, all the apps are on the bottom you can turn off and on