Poor Service in Grand Central Terminal
TMCCS

Is there a plan to improve service in Grand Central Terminal in NYC?  Service is unavailable in most areas other than the main concourse on the upper level.  I have a BlackBerry with a competitor's service and in recent years I have had better service in Grand Central Terminal with the BlackBerry than I have had with my iPhones on Verizon Wireless.  In addition, Verizon Wireless service seems to have deteriorated on the Metro North train lines and in Westchester County in general in recent years.  Why are there more dead zones and dropped calls and unsent texts than in the past? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Service in Grand Central Terminal
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

TMCCS​ , as a commuter myself, I understand how important it is to have a reliable service during my commute. However, there are instances were we are unable to guarantee service due to various factors that affect how your device is receiving our signal. During times of high traffic, such as a busy commute, and based on the structure you are in, you may experience lag of service. Ultimately our goal is to ensure we can help keep you connected. We suggest that your phone have the most up to date operating system along with the applications. Now let us also take a closer look at the area.  Can you provide us the zip codes to the locations you are experiencing dropped calls? 

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
jonowenm

answer is unacceptable.    Passengers at the station with other company's plans appear to have no problem with service.   This condition has existed for years despite migrating through several different model phones.  This is a significant deficiency and a real argument as to why Verizon is NOT the best carrier.

When will the problem be corrected?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonowenm We can understand why you would feel concerned if other passengers are able to use their device while at the train station. However, there is not a time frame for when service will improve at the terminal based on the information we provided in the previous message. We apologize for any inconvenience. How does service work when you're in other areas.

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jonowenm

Thank you for your reply BUT it’s not like OTHER phone companies don’t have service either. I would be more understanding if Sprint, AT&T, etc all had the same issue. Judging from passengers sitting near me on the train, they don’t.

0 Likes