Forced to keep Apps?
Removeapp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I dont want News Republic or NFL App. Why am I not able to uninstall????????Only revert back to factory version on my HTC10????This shluld be illegal. I should noy have to be subjected to NEWS REPUBLIC HEADLINES. Please Help!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Forced to keep Apps?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

While you can't remove the factory provided applications, you can disable them after you uninstall them to the factory version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

While you can't remove the factory provided applications, you can disable them after you uninstall them to the factory version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I just disable them. Apple is the only manufacturer that does not allow carriers to install 3rd party apps on the device before it is sold to you. Although, Apple has apps that you can't delete too.

I agree that I shouldn't be made to keep these apps on my device. I don't have any interest in the NFL or Slacker yet they are there and unremovable my the end user.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Disable, shut off notifications and consider a non branded phone next time around. 

Manufacturers partition internal storage, so you can't use the space these apps take up.