How Can I Set Up My New Phone From My iCloud?
jtrean

i was laid off. Work provided iPhone needs to be turned back in. Went into VZW store and upgraded personal phone to iPhone 7.  Backed up work phone to iCloud.  Set up new phone while work phone being backed up.  How do I transfer and get all backed up content onto new iphone?  At this point, do I need to do a reset and start over? And if so, do I "reset all settings" or "all contents and settings"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Setting up new phone from icloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand that circumstances are forcing you to get another phone, jtrean. No worries, you are on the right track to ensuring that none of your personal information will be lost. Let’s work together to get your new phone set up properly. You’re correct, as a “Reset All Settings” would need to be done. Here are the steps on how: http://spr.ly/65848T8tM; Additionally, when setting up the phone again, you would choose to restore from backup when putting your Apple ID information in again. Keep us posted on the outcome and we're here if you have any further questions.

-TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Setting up new phone from icloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand that circumstances are forcing you to get another phone, jtrean. No worries, you are on the right track to ensuring that none of your personal information will be lost. Let’s work together to get your new phone set up properly. You’re correct, as a “Reset All Settings” would need to be done. Here are the steps on how: http://spr.ly/65848T8tM; Additionally, when setting up the phone again, you would choose to restore from backup when putting your Apple ID information in again. Keep us posted on the outcome and we're here if you have any further questions.

-TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes