S7 shows wrong time zone today 2/1/2017
HelloHJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

My family has 4 Samsung Galaxy S7 phones and they all had "automatic date and time" setting on them.  This morning, all 4 phones show wrong time.  I am in Pacific time zone, and all phones show Central Time zone.  There was no phone update over night so it maybe not the Samsung issue.   What's wrong with Verizon automatic time setting?

Re: S7 shows wrong time zone today 2/1/2017
SAMKAR92
Enthusiast - Level 2

I woke up to the same issue today.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zip code?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ces23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm near Tacoma and have the same issue. Many of my friends in western WA are having the same problem.

SAMKAR92
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samantha

Mackattack88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here too. Restarting phone does not help. I'm in Tacoma WA as well. People are going to be mad and late for work because of this.

tholmes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm further north, around Everett, experiencing the same issue.  Thankfully it happened after my alarm had already gone off.  Restarting did not work, so I've had to manually set the time for now.

LUVINFATHERHOOD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue with all of our Droid Turbos. It moves the calendar appointments to match as well.  We live in Everett.

If I remove automatic time zone and select Pacific it reflects the correct time but I travel and that is pretty inconvenient.

Sounds like this is no isolated issue.  Perhaps someone from Verizon can weigh in?

mgp0214
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same issue, my alarm that was set for 4 am went off at 2 am. I'm in the Everett, WA area also.

HelloHJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Bothell, WA.  Our alarm set for 6am went off 4am for this problem and my highschool child went out in cold for school bus 2 hours early than usual only to find there was no other kid out there and came back home.  It was actually quite annoying and inconvenient especially because we heavily rely on phones for time nowadays. So my whole family had quite a start for the day.   Sigh.....