What is the VZ Wireless Mgt. Retiree Discount?
CYNAND97

Would appreciate if you could post the VZ Wireless discount provided to Verizon Telecom Management retirees.  When I retired in May of 2014 I was receiving a 50% discount off my entire bill.  In January 2017 my bill reflected 25% off my plan only($40 which =$10) with no prior notification.  No one has been able to confirm what the discount should actually be or why it abruptly changed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is the VZ Wireless Mgt. Retiree Discount?
SunshineGianelle

Hello...I would like some clarification about the retiree discount as well. I retired from verizon wireless and was told I would get 50% off my entire bill and wouldn't need to do anything else as long as I stayed on an eligible plan. That was in 2011 and  about a year ago everything went crazy. They took away my whole discount and I have been fighting them every since to get my 50% back I was promised. I now have a 25% discount as well. They said letters were sent out with a change in retiree discounts around the end of 2016 but to date I still have no such letter. I have gone through validation, employee service, customer service, financial service, HR, legal and still nothing. My only next step to get this resolved is legal. Verizon Wireless should honor what they promise us when we retired.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you have all the accurate information regarding your discount. Were you retired from VerizonWireless or another company? If your newly validated discount provides 25% off, this would apply to the plan, and is correct. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/employee-discount-validation-faqs/

DanielK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SunshineGianelle

Hello...no I was with Verizon Wireless...my retiree letter I received from Human Resources back in 2012 said "Employee Phone Program will continue to provide a 50% discount". I was told I could have up to (7) lines as an Verizon Wireless Retiree. I was told I would have a 50% discount on all eligible features and plans. My retiree status didn't change so my discount should not have changed and I should still get my 50% on all eligible features and plan. But now I still have 7 lines with no discounts on my eligible features and only 25% on my eligible plan.

0 Likes
jmg092353

I am also a Verizon Wireless retiree and have lost my discount through the validation process, my letter also states I will get the discount of 50% and not 25% my account was changed via the validation process.. HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your years of service and want to ensure you’re still getting your discount, jmg092353. Let’s take a look and see what we can find out. Please respond to the private message I have sent you so we can review your account.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
westwood2
Enthusiast - Level 2

How does the Verizon Wireless employee retiree 25% discount work with the new unlimited plans?

For a 4-line "Start Unlimited", general public gets $45/line and if you sign up autopay from bank, it is $35/line.

What's the price for the Verizon retirees who are eligible for 25%, and sign up the autopay from bank? Do we get 25% off from $45 or $35? If former, we will have $33.75 which is not much different from general public's $35. Are we encouraged not to signup unlimited plans, or not to signup autopay?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a retiree, please reach out to your human resources contact. Retiree programs are not publicly available. EricW_VZW

0 Likes
westwood2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My account is already on the retireree program. There is no need to talk to HR contact. My question is how the 25% is applied. In case of unlimited plan, does the discount apply in addition to the autopay discount, or replacing the autopay discount.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to read that your account is already part of the program. The discount will reflect off your Account Level Pricing or if you qualify as a 25% discount off your entire bill. What does your bill show now? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes