iPhone6SPlus bugged out my car stereo
EBS92116

I have a mid-2016 iPhone 6sPlus 128 and a 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. The bluetooth has messed with the car system and the radio will go up in volume, then I'm unable to turn it down, off, or anything, until at last it BLIPS OFF. It starts up again, landing on the last radio station . But not 5 minutes later, it'll happen again. Over and over. And even after you turn off the Bluetooth and disengage the phone. The Porsche dealership says its the phone. I tried to get an appointment at Apple Genius Bar and they can't even see me? [Removed]

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone6SPlus bugged out my car stereo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello EBS92116,

I'm so sorry about any issues with the Bluetooth connection and pairing with your vehicle. let me aska couple of questions so we can get to the bottom of this. Has the connection ever worked for you? If so, when did this start? Have you been able to take the car to the dealership so they can check it out?

Please share some details for me, thanks so much

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EBS92116

[Removed]

AND I fixed the problem with help from Troy at Flemington Porsche in New Jersey. When you pair the phone using Bluetooth, it will ask SYNC CONTACTS. Say NO. The reason being is that with an iPhone, everyone who calls automatically gets added to your contact list, which not only adds their phone number, but these too. Their home address (sometimes), their email address (frequently), and even birthday (default is January 1, 1904, for some reason) So basically the PCM on that year 2015/16 gets flummoxed by the sheer volume of information and can't keep up. It only took 6 trips to 2 different dealerships, two brand new radio assemblies which had to come from Germany, and $450.00 in early termination fees to get a new phone because I thought it was just the 6SPlus . Good luck to all with that issue, and I hope I helped!

discussion of moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like it was your car all along.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

BTW, it isn't that Apple's Genius Bar wasn't able to see you, it's that they weren't able to see you when you wanted them to. They ALWAYS have appointments available.

0 Likes
EBS92116

No they said to go back and talk to the dealership

0 Likes
EBS92116

I think it was . I got a new car

0 Likes
EBS92116

Yeah Genius Bar wanted me to go to Verizon