Is the Carrier Settings Update a legitimate update from Apple?
MARTAT40

After updating my 6s to 10.2 I am receiving a message: Carrier Settings Update, new settings are available, would you like to update them now? Is this a legitimate update from Apple for my Verizon settings on this phone? This is the first time I have received this message after an update. By the way, this phone was not purchased thru Verizon.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Carrier Settings Update
Weth
Legend

Yes, carrier settings update is legit from Apple in conjunction with Verizon and should be accepted.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Carrier settings updates let your carrier provider update carrier network and related settings to improve cellular network connectivity and performance or add support for features like VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling. For more information on what is included in a carrier settings update, contact your carrier.

When a carrier setting update is available, you will be prompted to install it. If your carrier releases a mandatory update, you'll see an OK button instead of an Update button to let you know that the update was downloaded and installed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, carrier settings update is legit from Apple in conjunction with Verizon and should be accepted.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Carrier settings updates let your carrier provider update carrier network and related settings to improve cellular network connectivity and performance or add support for features like VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling. For more information on what is included in a carrier settings update, contact your carrier.

When a carrier setting update is available, you will be prompted to install it. If your carrier releases a mandatory update, you'll see an OK button instead of an Update button to let you know that the update was downloaded and installed.

0 Likes
mnknue

Why did one device (my wife's phone) receive the update notice and another, same device (my phone) not receive the notice?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

When update happens can vary by time, phone model, and operating system version.

0 Likes