Android 7.0 Nougat
Helpmeplease2

When will verizon release android 7.0 nougat to HTC One M9?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know you are eager for this update, Mik3D. I don't want you to feel as if you need to use another carrier. Although we haven't received any details on the release just yet, as soon as an update is available, it will be pushed to your phone. You can also click here for the latest info: http://spr.ly/65878YUzh.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When HTC has completed writing it and completed the required testing approval.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JONMOO48

Any updates? HTC finished their part months ago. It is now out on M9 on both T-Mo and Sprint.

0 Likes
Mik3D

When will Verizon update the HTC One M9 to Nougat?

ATT has done so.

T-Mobile has done so.

Sprint has done so.

Is the only way to get updates on a phone, that every other carrier has released, to start using another carrier?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know you are eager for this update, Mik3D. I don't want you to feel as if you need to use another carrier. Although we haven't received any details on the release just yet, as soon as an update is available, it will be pushed to your phone. You can also click here for the latest info: http://spr.ly/65878YUzh.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Caribtony
Enthusiast - Level 1

That link does not provide an answer to the question.  Sprint, T-Mobile and other carriers have rolled out their Nougat updates for the M9s.  Why is Verizon delaying this roll-out?  And YES......customers will switch carriers because of a lack of support for their VERY EXPENSIVE device. 

0 Likes
JONMOO48

This isn't a correct answer as it does not answer the fundamental question of when, unfortunately it is now August and there is still no rollout. If they were not going to roll it out, they should have stated that, but instead they committed to rolling out nougat on the M9 but still have not delivered on that statement months after all the other carriers have rolled it out to the same device keeping their customers waiting with no timeline.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC is ultimately responsible for preparing and writing the update for the device. Verizon Wireless can't influence the work of the HTC engineers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes