Can I Connect My Moto Z To The Tv Without Internet?
pwilliams1

is there anyway to hook up moto z to tv

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can i hook up my moto z to tv without internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pwilliams1, thanks for your patience. Streaming to your TV is an awesome option. The Moto Z has a Cast option under Settings> Display> Cast. It does work for some smart TV's and certain Chromecast models without Wi-Fi. Some applications block the feature from being used without a Wi-Fi connection.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pwilliams1

i bought a usb C to hdmi cable and nothing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pwilliams1, thanks for your patience. Streaming to your TV is an awesome option. The Moto Z has a Cast option under Settings> Display> Cast. It does work for some smart TV's and certain Chromecast models without Wi-Fi. Some applications block the feature from being used without a Wi-Fi connection.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Robert_B

I Don'tt see a "Cast" opiton under "Setting/Disply" on my Moto. Just Network & Internet, Connetected Devices, Apps & Notifications, Battery, Display, Sound, Storage, Secuirty & Location, Accessibility, Google, Systems, adn SystemUpdates. Presently the update is 8.0.0. Laso there is no 'Cast" under the Display menus.

0 Likes
Robert_B

The Display Menus are Brightness Level, COlor Mode, Wall Papper, Advanced.

Under Advanced: Sleep, Device Roation, Raoming Banner, Font Size, Display Size, and Screen Saver.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robert_B, the ability to cast what is on your phone to your TV is an awesome feature. I definitely want to make sure you are able to use this feature without fail. Try following the steps in the link below. Let us know what happens. 

http://spr.ly/66051D5xd

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robert_B, is your software up to date on your phone? You can check this by follow in the steps provided in the link below. 

http://spr.ly/66051D5NR

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Can I Connect My Moto Z To The Tv Without Internet?
Mrr6415

What model smart TV or Chromecast work to cast Moto z4 without WiFi. 

0 Likes
JRHODEN123

I have a Moto Z4 no internet to my TV. I have a HDMI cable from my TV to my phone.  I cannot view my phone on my TV.  Is there something I can do.  My TV is NOT a smart TV.

I can plug a Samsung phone and it immediately shows up, why not on my Moto Z4?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes