Family Base Companion
SHUGBOOG2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will the Family Base Companion app be available for ALL phones? I pay the extra money each month and want the Family base companion app installed on my son's Galaxy S7 but every time I try it gives me an error saying my phone isn't compatible with that app.  I have actually gotten the notice for the past S4, S5 and S6 Galaxy's.

0 Likes
Re: Family Base Companion
mnjclark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ditto - I too would like to know the status of the fix for Family Base.  It's been several months now (since marshmallow upgrade) that it hasn't properly worked.  We PAY for this service every month.  When will Verizon be offering a refund for service not provided and most importantly when will this app be fixed?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Family Base is great application, that helps me manage my families usage. I do understand your concern with the companion app not working on devices with Marshmallow. Click here see question 6 - http://vz.to/2cH30eT
Our developers are working diligently on updates. Have you left feedback on the compatible models through Google Play store to allow this app to work on Marshmallow?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Still? After over a year since the last update to the application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please accept our formal apology for the inconvenience that you may have experienced with FamilyBase not working properly with Android device running the Marshmallow update. We are working diligently to get all of Verizon services working on various updates nd operating system. Are you experiencing this issue Ann154? If so then feel free to send us a private message so we can review your account for provisioning.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ArnettH_VZW

I don't need the feature. However after viewing and responding to the community members on this community for over a year now asking why the companion app doesn't work, I am voicing the frustration of all those customers who Verizon Wireless is failing to provide the full service to the Family Base feature and forcing them to look elsewhere for the similar functions.  The developers have time to update the other Verizon applications. They should take time to update the companion application too. In fact, if one Family Base application is updated, all other Family Base applications should be updated at the same time and released together. In my opinion, the companion application has been basically abandoned by the developers while the other Verizon applications have occasionally updated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SHUGBOOG2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have posted my concern several times on the app alone.  I will be glad when Verizon gets it fixed.  It's been a year now since the Marshmallow update version and still we can't get what we really want.

0 Likes
SHUGBOOG2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

A refund would be nice for sure if they aren't going to offer all of it's features then refund us the difference each month til you do get it fixed.

0 Likes