Can I Just Sync select Photos To My device?
ADABEE76

Can one sync only certain photos and not all of them?  I do not need every single picture in every single folder on my phone synced, just specific photos in specific folders.  I would like to sync pictures that I take with my phone, but I would not like to sync the thousands of other pictures stored on my external SD card in other folders.  Is this possible, or is it all or nothing?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sync only photos taken with phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ADABEE76,

These are all great questions & I’m here to clear everything up. I know when it comes to pictures, I don’t want to accidentally delete something. When you delete something off the cloud, but not off the phone, the next time the cloud backs it up, it will back it up again. To permanently delete a picture that you no longer want, you will need to delete it from the phone & the cloud. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ADABEE76 Managing your photos using the Verizon Cloud can be convenient. We're glad to assist you with your photo question. When you log into the Verizon Cloud, tap the Photos folder and remove the red check mark from the categories that you do not wish to sync. How are you accessing the Cloud? From a mobile phone or computer?

SheritaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ADABEE76

Thank you for being willing to help.  I have un/checked the desired items wished to be backed up.  When I "checked" the photos category, it tried to backup ALL of the photos on my phone.  I have more photos on my phone than will fit in Verizon's Cloud, plus I do not need most of my photos backed up in Verizon's Cloud.  I already have them backed up elsewhere.  I would like to backup to Verizon's Cloud all of the NEW photos I take with my phone.  I was not given an option to choose which photos on my phone are synced to the cloud.  I access Verizon Cloud through the app on my phone as well as from my laptop.  I have tried it both ways.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome ADABEE76. I can understand the importance of keeping those special moments. You don't have an option to back up certain photos but can remove them one by one once they are located in the Verizon Cloud.You can also delete photos and data you don't want on your phone or the cloud so that it only backs up  important information. Lastly,, you can purchase more space and back up all the data on your phone until you choose to remove them from the phone and cloud.

I hope this information was helpful.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
ADABEE76

I understand that once everything is backed up in the cloud, that I can then go into the cloud and delete the files I do not want to keep in the cloud.  Does that mean that once I delete them from the cloud they will not be synced again the next time?  Does deleting the files in the cloud have them get deleted on my phone the next time they sync, or does it mean that the cloud simply re-backs it up to the cloud?  Who has priority - my phone or the cloud?  Does my question make sense?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ADABEE76,

These are all great questions & I’m here to clear everything up. I know when it comes to pictures, I don’t want to accidentally delete something. When you delete something off the cloud, but not off the phone, the next time the cloud backs it up, it will back it up again. To permanently delete a picture that you no longer want, you will need to delete it from the phone & the cloud. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
ADABEE76

Thank you very much with the assistance.  You have answered my question(s).  So, I have learned that it is indeed "all or nothing" when it comes to backing up photos to the Cloud from one's phone.  Since I would like to have access (on my phone's external micro SD card) to tens of thousands of pictures I have taken in the past, I either have to purchase a lot more Cloud space to do so, or forego being able to backup any new pictures I take specifically with my phone (since that would try and fail to backup every other picture as well).  That is what I wanted to know.  Since I am not willing to pay the requisite price for that much storage space, I will not benefit from the Verizon Cloud, and I will start looking into other possibilities.  Thank you again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ADABEE76, I also have thousands of pictures and videos and sometimes I have trouble finding storage space. We are still with you and will continue providing storage options. Once I filled up my cloud storage, I had to invest in different ways to store my media. I now use several apps, memory cards and my laptop to save my pictures. The biggest help is the mutable SD cards I purchased online. I can now even save my favorite movies and videos. I keep them all in a small case in my jewelry box. I know that it would be nice to have unlimited storage in our cloud, but with over one hundred million customers, it becomes a bit of a storage challenge to offer such a feature.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes