Can I Change The Time Of When I Get Software Updates?
nittany95

Verizon software updates are always sent to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) in the middle of the night, accompanied by a notification chime.  I need to keep notifications on as I'm On-Call 24/7, but I don't want to be awakened for the routine software update.  Is there a way to silence only the notifications for software update (so I could still see the notification and act upon it in the morning), or to change the time the notification is sent by Verizon to something in the daytime so it would not wake me up?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Silence or Change Time of Software Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand how this can be a hassle to deal with while resting at night. In regards to the alerts and notifications you can only do this when it alerts you. There isn't a way to change the settings to stop this from occuring. As stated previously you are only able to adjust the alert time after the first notification has started. To clarify, do you have any other concerns or questions for us to address at this time?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you set up priority notifications so only the people who call for your on-call status are allowed ring through?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nittany95

Unfortunately no...I can get calls or texts from numerous places.  Fortunately they are infrequent Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted notifications can definitely be disruptive when they are late at night nittany95. We have a couple of options here for you. Once you complete the software update, the notifications should stop. Are you continuing to get notifications even after the update is completed? When the message pops up about the update being available, when you click on Install Later, you can select at what time the install message will come back up on your phone. That way you can select an alternate time to get the notification and complete the update.

NicoleB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nittany95

Yes, once I accept the software update, the software updates, phone restarts, and there is no further notification about that update.  This is not about any kind of error or issue with a single software update.

This is simply a question about the initial notification that a software update is available, which always comes middle of the night, and looking for a way to not have that sound overnight each time there is a new software update.  This wasn't a big issue when updates were made infrequently, but updates are now being pushed more often (which itself isn't a bad thing), causing this to be a more frequent occurrence.

If I select "later", I could then update it next day, but I would already have been alerted this initial time (which is the problem).  If "later" would impact future software update notifications from sounding at that time of day, that would be great, but I don't expect that to happen.  I understand "Later" will just postpone that single update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand how this can be a hassle to deal with while resting at night. In regards to the alerts and notifications you can only do this when it alerts you. There isn't a way to change the settings to stop this from occuring. As stated previously you are only able to adjust the alert time after the first notification has started. To clarify, do you have any other concerns or questions for us to address at this time?

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
nittany95

No, I don't have any other questions.  I figured there was no way to do what I wanted, and you have confirmed.

0 Likes