Why is it that after being with Verizon for over 15 years I can get a better deal on a new phone if I leave them?
PHISPA97

I stopped to buy a new Iphone7  I was told I missed a sale by one day and I should call into Verizon. So I left the store and did so.  No one at customer service would help me. I have 5 phones on the account and have been with Verizon for over 15 years. This is not the first time it has happened to me. I told the agent I could leave Verizon go to a new company save money on a new phone and most likely get a better deal on my plan.  They just dont care!  This will be the last time it happens.  I will be going out tonight and shopping new companies. 

I am not a guy who gets a new phone all the time. Usually every two years, but when my daughter wants a new one for Christmas I will not pay more for it with Verizon then IO can go elsewhere.  I guess they just dont care about long time customers!  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is it that after being with Verizon for over 15 years I can get a better deal on a new phone if I leave them?
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, and you will find the same situation at your new provider if you want to purchase a new phone for a price from a promotion which had expired. That is why these promotions have expiration dates, so that you would not be able to get that promotion after that date.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why is it that after being with Verizon for over 15 years I can get a better deal on a new phone if I leave them?
Weth
Legend

Yes, you just missed the $10 per month sale. Good deals for current customers certainly exist, but they come and go. It is best when you start thinking about getting a new device is to start watching the Verizon front page and then pounce when the deal come out that works for you. I have been doing that and have gotten sweet deals and plans as a longstanding current customer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the best deal on new devices is always a must, PHISPA97. All of our deals are always available for a limited time and are subject to change at any time. I would be devastated to lose your loyal business after 15 great years. We do still have some great deals for the iPhone. Let's take a look and find the deal that works best for you. Please respond to the private message I have sent you.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

Its not that no one in customer service could help you they are like cashiers. If you have an expired coupon a cashier at a supermarket cant 'make it work' if the promo was over, it's over. Its no ones fault that you checked out upgrading a day after the promo ended; yeah it sucks big time but that's how it works regardless of the carrier your with unfortunately.

You can definitely find cheaper deals out there and if that's what works best for you go for it, but even right now Verizon is having some awesome sales that you might be interested in like one I think you can get a credit ever month on a new device payment agreement.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, and you will find the same situation at your new provider if you want to purchase a new phone for a price from a promotion which had expired. That is why these promotions have expiration dates, so that you would not be able to get that promotion after that date.

0 Likes
Taihbsear

Well I went to a supposed Verizon store (it was actually a reseller in Phoenix Az) and 2 hours later walked out with 2 new Iphone 7's and went home only to receive a call from the sales rep that they were sorry but the deal for the iphones had been cancelled the day before and they were not told of this.  But it seems the manager of this location knew about it and I guess he failed to tell anyone.  Now I did get a signed contract and he said he would not help us in any way but we could keep the 2 iphones at the full regular monthly price or we could get the other ones still on the sale a Samsung or Pixel or moto none of which we wanted.  So I fell this was a bait and switch made by this reseller who had to have known this iphone was off sale.  When I returned to the location to return them a lady behind my rep was told by a sales rep it had been cancelled that day and since we got the phones in the afternoon they had to have known about it.  [removed] was not the words I would describe myself or my wife and we are on the verge of telling Verizon goodbye because of a resellers lack of indifference to this.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Taihbsear

We were not informed the holiday special had been cancelled on one type of phone

0 Likes