why are some people receiving double text messages from me?
STEGRE71

I was in a group thread with my family and a couple of them were receiving double text messages from me but not all!

I have an Android phone.  5 people have iphones, but only 2 received the double texts.  4 iphones have AT&T and 2 have Verizon.  This is all over the map so why should I suspect my phone?  I see on the web this is capable of happening to anyone with any carrier and any phone. 

So how do I make it stop for me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why are some people receiving double text messages from me?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

More likely they were in a location with a weak signal causing the message to be delivered twice until the phone sent an acknowledgement to the carrier's server to indicate the message was fully received.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: why are some people receiving double text messages from me?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to us that you are able to send and receive group messages, STEGRE71. I would be happy to help you today. We want to be sure we have covered a few more details to find a solution to this service concern.

Just for clarification, what is the make/model of your device? Did this occur for an extended amount of time or with a select few messages? Were those who received multiple messages traveling or in a specific location? Were any changes made (apps/software update) to the phone leading up to this messaging issue? Please reach back out to us with a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes