Can not boot Nokia 822
MARPIN2

When I try to power my nokia 822 up it fails. I get a message that says " ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option, Press any key to shut down device"  Help !!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can not boot Nokia 822
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My guess is that the phone is toast, but, if there is a nearby Microsoft Store, try taking the phone over and see what they say.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to us that we take a closer look at the phone, MARPIN2 and I would be happy to help. All of these details that you have provide will be helpful in determining a solution to the phone concern.

Just for clarification, does the phone have any liquid or physical damage? Also, have you attempted to remove the battery http://vz.to/2h8WG2A ? Please provide a few details on whether any new apps or software updates have been added to the device and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MARPIN2

Hello.

The phone [removed] has no liquid or physical damage. I also removed

the battery and put back without any luck.

I used the phone without any issues up to the night , put the charger on,

went to bed and next morning  it was dead...

What should I do next? I have critical pictures and contacts in it.

Thank you.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 4:34 PM, vzw_customer_support <

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DragonPoo

Wow, I had the same thing happen to my Lumia 822. Verizon's customer service refused to help me, claiming I broke it.  I called Microsoft support and they couldn't do anything more, either.  I couldn't even use Microsoft's Device Recovery Tool to fix it.  It's still in that state, but you might have different luck.

As for your content, I can just hope that you've set up your phone with a Microsoft account, and that it backs up your pictures to OneDrive.  Or that you stored your pictures on a MicroSD card.  For your contacts, the phone should have been backing them up to different services (like your Microsoft account, Verizon account, etc).  Try checking those sites to see if it has anything.

0 Likes