Activating iPhone5 - Monthly Bill Cost?
HANEAS51

First of all, I apologize if something similar has been asked. I am new to this board.

I currently don't have a smartphone and was not planning on getting one. However, my mom bought a brand new iPhone 5 for me from a friend of hers (it just needs to be activated and needs a SIM card), and I have considered using it since my basic phone does not always receive messages. I am asking online because I have gotten different numbers from every verizon store I have gone to. I only want the minimal data plan (2 gigs a month costs $35). However, I have gotten quotes of $55 and $75 dollars a month. I have been told that part of that cost is for the iPhone. However, since I have already bought the phone, why I am a paying a charge per month? Wouldn't there just be an upfront activation fee and then the cost of the line/data that is paid on a monthly basis? Can anyone tell me if this is normal or if I am getting incorrect information from these stores? Thank you!

Also, my current phone is paid for and I am not on contract.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activating iPhone5 - Monthly Bill Cost?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HANEAS51,

I'm happy to help clear up any confusion surrounding the cost of owning an iPhone and having it on your plan. What you would expect to pay for each month is the data cost of the phone ($35 for 2GB) plus the line access fee of $20.00 as long as your line is out of contract. If your line is in contract, the line access fee would be $40.00 per month. You can reach out to us in a Direct Message on Twitter or a Private Message on Facebook and we can review your account in greater detail for you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HANEAS51,

I'm happy to help clear up any confusion surrounding the cost of owning an iPhone and having it on your plan. What you would expect to pay for each month is the data cost of the phone ($35 for 2GB) plus the line access fee of $20.00 as long as your line is out of contract. If your line is in contract, the line access fee would be $40.00 per month. You can reach out to us in a Direct Message on Twitter or a Private Message on Facebook and we can review your account in greater detail for you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You can also consider prepaid. $50 for 5GB with carryover and limitless slow data after 5 GB.  I believe the older 2 GB plan is still available for $45, but doesn't give you carryover or always on data. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What plan are you on now?

0 Likes