Why does my Jetpack MiFi 6620L HTTP drop?
MOKONO

I have a 6620L that has been working fine until 3 days ago. Now I have to reboot it every 10 minutes because it drops HTTP requests. I can still stream video (most of the time) but I cant browse the internet or send email.

I have reset the hotspot to factory to ensure something didnt get screwed up in the settings, but nothing I do will keep the hotspot working correctly for more than about 10 minutes.

Thoughts?

Also...

I have a spare 6620L and swapped the cards out to see if it was hardware related and I got the same issues with both devices.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Jetpack MiFi 6620L - Drops HTTP
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Same issue from two devices suggests a service problem in that particular area.

Try traveling to a different location and performing the same tests to see if you get any better results. For example if you are testing in your home try testing outside the home and facing the closest VZW tower.  You could also try traveling into town or a different spot in your community where you believe the reception should be strong.  This process is known as perfomring a site survey, checking for performance in different locations should give you good information to compare your results against your observations.

View solution in original post

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Same issue from two devices suggests a service problem in that particular area.

Try traveling to a different location and performing the same tests to see if you get any better results. For example if you are testing in your home try testing outside the home and facing the closest VZW tower.  You could also try traveling into town or a different spot in your community where you believe the reception should be strong.  This process is known as perfomring a site survey, checking for performance in different locations should give you good information to compare your results against your observations.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOKONO,

Let’s work on keeping you connected. We want to make sure that you can browse the web at your convenience . How long have you this issue with your MiFi? Is this happening in a particular location? Send us your area zip code.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MOKONO

This is an issue that I am seeing while traveling from Iowa to Texas. At each stop along the way and during travel, only a small amount of data is used and then it stops working. This happens with both devices which leads me to think it is not hardware but rather something on the Verizon end. I am currently in 76245 zipcode. I have 3 - 5 bars, even when it stops working. The upload/download lights are also typically on, even when it is not working.

Like it is being filtered or limited so much that pages are timing out, but email is allowed to come in (but not go out).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOKONO,
Great details, let’s keep going. How long have you been having this concern? When did it begin? Have you had this concern in other areas as well?
KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes