Why won't my iPhone 5c update?
HEAGAR29

I have the iPhone 5c. I've been trying for the longest time to do the latest update and it won't let me. It'll spend all day downloading, just to have a message pop up at the very last minute saying it cannot update because there isn't enough storage. The update requires 843 MB, I have 900  MB available. How isn't there enough and why won't it update?! Please help...

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wont update
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

If it's giving you an error about storage, the only fix is to delete some content.  If you've recently deleted any pictures, check your recently deleted folder to make sure they're actually gone.  If that doesn't work use iTunes on your computer to perform the update, it takes less memory to do it that way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

If it's giving you an error about storage, the only fix is to delete some content.  If you've recently deleted any pictures, check your recently deleted folder to make sure they're actually gone.  If that doesn't work use iTunes on your computer to perform the update, it takes less memory to do it that way.

0 Likes
HEAGAR29

Yes, I've deleted quit a bit. Pictures and apps. Smiley Sad deleted folder is clear. I have over the required MB availabl, it downloads all day long, it'll have 2 minutes left of download and it'll say not enough storage. I'm not sure why it's being difficul. ...I'd try the update through a iTunes/computer, but I'm not that technology inclined to know how...

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

If you only have 900mb free, you're not deleting what's actually taking your storage. 

0 Likes