Why Am I Having Problems Using The Camera On My LG V20?
miketen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having fun exploring all the different modes and settings when taking photos and videos with my new LG V20.  However, I am still a newbie and for the life of me I can not seem to figure out how to shoot in landscape while in panorama mode, it will only work in portrait.  I still have my LG G4 and the panorama mode would automatically adjust if you wanted to shoot in either portrait or landscape, but not so for the LG V20.  There are a ton of settings in the LG V20 and it is possible I missed something so if anyone can point it out to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Panorama LG V20
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I did some research on this miketen and Ann154. Looks like landscape mode is not an option while in panorama mode. This is because you are able to take a larger shot of the entire area essentially making your own "landscape" type photo. I hope that helps!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
miketen
Enthusiast - Level 2

This my issue: The bottom screenshot shows panorama didn't auto rotate while in landscape mode and I can only move the camera vertically instead of horizontally.  This would be useful and cool as hell if I was scaling along the side of a mountain and wanted to capture how high I was, but I'm afraid of heights so that's definitely a hell no.  Any solutions as to how I can disable "mountain mode" while using panorama?

Screenshot_2016-11-26-07-59-34.png

Screenshot_2016-11-26-08-00-01.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are those two icons on the top of the landscape picture?  One looks like a single tree (vertical mode?) and the other like multiple trees (horizontal mode?).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
miketen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for replying!

The single tree and multiple tree icons are for normal camera and wide camera angle, respectively.  I just toggled between the two camera angles while in panorama with the hope that it would magically autorotate like it should. But no

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What happens if you put the phone in landscape mode prior to selecting panorama option?   Is it still reverting to the vertical option?

You can try uninstalling updates and disabling the camera app, reboot, then reneable and reinstall the updates to see if that "fixes" anything.

0 Likes
miketen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Putting the phone in landscape mode first still does not make a difference.  And unfortunately there is no option to uninstall updates or to disable the camera app (I'm using the stock camera app).  At least, I can shoot in landscape when using Photaf Panorama app but the image quality is not very good.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even with the stock camera app, the options are there.  Go to settings, applications, and find camera.  Open it up - you should see Force Stop, Disable, and uninstall updates.  If you don't, tap the three bars at the top right of the screen and see if the options are there. 

Then uninstall updates, disable, reboot, re-enable, and update.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's an LG thing. All V20 devices do this. Don't know why LG has it that way, but that's what it is.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

An LG "thing" that Panorama works counter-intuitively?  Portrait pans side to side and Landscape pans vertically?  That, to me, is just backwards.  Or restrictive - on my Pixel, I can pan either vertically or horizontally, in both portrait and landscape mode.  And landscape/horizontal is what I use almost exclusively.

I would be frustrated with the LG version of panorama.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I did some research on this miketen and Ann154. Looks like landscape mode is not an option while in panorama mode. This is because you are able to take a larger shot of the entire area essentially making your own "landscape" type photo. I hope that helps!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes