How to set my device to download over wi-fi only?
ROBBOW89

I went over my data usage for the first time ever this month, I switched to  Galaxy S7 from S4 this month so I know this is the issue. I can't find a way to set it to download, etc. over wifi only. Also, for some reason my wifi connects and disconnects all the time, several times an hour. My s4 never did this, it connected and stayed connected until I left the wifi.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: set to download over wifi only/wifi issues
Klue
Master - Level 1

Log into the Play store and tap on the three bars to left hand corner. Scroll down to settings and tap. Tap on Auto update apps then make sure Auto update apps over wifi only is selected. By doing this while you are off wifi apps will not update using data.

Only thing I can recommend for unstable wifi is to make sure your router has the latest updates and drivers.

Also what you can do while you are home, shut off data and that will force the phone to use wifi.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: set to download over wifi only/wifi issues
Klue
Master - Level 1

Log into the Play store and tap on the three bars to left hand corner. Scroll down to settings and tap. Tap on Auto update apps then make sure Auto update apps over wifi only is selected. By doing this while you are off wifi apps will not update using data.

Only thing I can recommend for unstable wifi is to make sure your router has the latest updates and drivers.

Also what you can do while you are home, shut off data and that will force the phone to use wifi.

Good Luck

0 Likes