poor battery performance?
mlaforge

Switched from Iphone 6 to Galaxy 7 edge about 6 weeks ago. battery performance is HORRIBLE with all apps closed and battery at 100% it loses 30 to 32% overnight! even with display set to off. I start each day with 70% of battery life available at best! is this normal for this phone??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: poor battery performance?
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

Mlaforge, I understand your concern regarding the battery life on the phone. I heavily rely on my phone and would want my battery to last as well. I know you mentioned you have tried a few things to remedy this situation. Please take a look at the following link for suggestions on extending the battery life http://vz.to/2elrhbx. I also encourage you to run a device health check on the phone to ensure it is working properly and there isn’t any applications on the phone that could be causing the trouble. To learn how to run that visit http://vz.to/2bzT1Lz.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

facebook/social media , syncing email, weather updates, gps are big draws.

doze should be making battery life better if phone is flat, not in a pocket or purse.

0 Likes
josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee

mlaforge,

That doesn't sound normal. We want you to have the battery life you deserve. Did this start happening right away or did something change (such as software updates or new apps downloaded)? Does the phone grow hot when in use?

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mlaforge

It has been this way from the start. I am new to your product so I assumed it was something I was doing or not doing and have tried multiple solutions short off turning the phone. There is no scenario caused by settings that I can think of that makes a 30% drop in battery ok. Not when iphones is more like 3%.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

That's about the only thing I really like on mine I could go 3 days before charging.I don't use it a lot but I listen to podcast at least 7-8 hours a day beside other thing on it.

0 Likes
bobbyjack
Contributor - Level 1

This phone does a whole lot of things in the background. More than other phones I've had. One small example: once  it knew my home address, it figured out on its own that the place that I drive to every day is were I work. Now in the morning I get a traffic report and time estimate to work. Later in the day I get another report for the trip home. I didn't ask for any of that, but it's kind of cool.

Closing apps does little, but there is a battery saver mode you can activate.

My phone sits in the cordless charger (great idea) at night as well as getting charged during the day in my car.

I'm a heavy user,so I not sure what great battery life is. I don't depend on it, and carry a portable charger

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

Mlaforge, I understand your concern regarding the battery life on the phone. I heavily rely on my phone and would want my battery to last as well. I know you mentioned you have tried a few things to remedy this situation. Please take a look at the following link for suggestions on extending the battery life http://vz.to/2elrhbx. I also encourage you to run a device health check on the phone to ensure it is working properly and there isn’t any applications on the phone that could be causing the trouble. To learn how to run that visit http://vz.to/2bzT1Lz.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
kornieme
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same issue after the last system update. Hopefully someone from Samsung is notified by Verizon and they send a fix out.

0 Likes
DDM3000

I Totally agree my battery life was good Before the update. But since the last update its been terrible!! I sure hope they send out another update to fix it Fast!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you cleared the cache partition from recovery mode volume up /home /power ?

0 Likes