reception overall
MLEE82

I am frustrated with phone reception. I have been using verizon for 15 years. Area I live, in zip 76657, has poor reception; usually choppy if it is through.  I never have 4G signal at home; phone disconnects while talking, text messages delays forever. I do not even expect 4G working properly; I gave up on it. But I just want to have a clear constant connection while calling. It is getting worse. When I moved in here 5 years ago it was not like that.  I have LG G2 (2014) and Galaxy S6 (2016). Both have problems at home. Is there any update available? I think my high schooler has problem too...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: reception overall
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

It’s frustrating with not having the very best service available when it is needed, MLEE82. We appreciate the 15 years of being with our service and let me help work on this service issue. I checked the zip code you provided and no current issues are being reported. Are you having these service issues indoors and outdoors? Does this issue happen in other locations? Here’s a link you can use to check on the current software updates available http://vz.to/2fg4DXF . Please share more details so we can work on fixing it. 

Thanks,

Ed W

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MLEE82

Mostly from inside of the house. It's supposed to work fine. We do not have landline service. We are not living in a big house. Outdoor signal (this area zip 76657) is not great either. For some reason, map indicates I am getting signals from Woodway Texas, zip 76712, which is 6 miles away. Here is McGregor TX. Honestly, all my neighbors use AT&T. They said it works better this area. I never had a good quality call here (since 2012 - I got smartphone then). I thought all smartphones are like that here.

In the house, signal cuts off or other parties say they cannot hear us. Problem gets worse as airtime gets longer; signal fade away as it get longer. Recent upgrade for my wife phone (Galaxy S6) was because of this reason. But the problem continues. I always have to yell at the phone at the end of calls. Now I have 2 bars.

M. Lee

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have the following options.

1. Purchase a network extender.
  2. Use wifi calling.
  3. Get a landline number.
  4. Switch to a carrier that covers the area. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes